Peaceful Betta (Betta imbellis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
38 Litres (10 US G.)
5-6 cm (2-2.4")
6.0 - 7.0
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Crescent Betta, Peaceful Betta
Additional scientific names
- Betta phuket
- Asia: Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
- Males have more vibrant colours and more elaborate fins.
- Does best kept in a species tank, or kept with peaceful and non-nippy non-anabantoid tank mates. Can be kept in pairs, and if the tank is large enough, several pairs can be kept together.
- Feed once or twice a day, this fish, as with most Betta species, is prone to constipation and over-eating so its diet must be carefully regulated.
- Needs hiding places on all levels of the tank, tall plants and caves preferred. Does not appreciate a strong current.
- A fairly shy Betta without the aggression of its cousin the fancy Betta splendens.
- A striking Betta with a black/green body and green dorsal with black bars, the anal, caudal and ventral fins all have a significant amount of red colouration, the anal and caudal fin also have blue. This fish has been hybridised with the Betta splendens and can resemble a plakat Betta splendens to the untrained eye, the colouration and slightly longer and more delicate body shape, however, is a give away.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )