Clarion Angelfish (Holacanthus clarionensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
416 Litres (110 US G.)
17.8-20.3cm (7-8 ")
8.1 - 8.4
20-25°C (68 -77 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- An aggressive fish towards other Angelfish and similar fish, keep one per tank. Do not keep with shy, smaller fish. Not reef safe.
- Will accept most meaty foods such as shrimp as well as blanched vegetables and spirulina.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- It is a very territorial fish, and should not be kept with other species of Angelfish in a small tank. However, they can be kept together in a tank large enough.
- Mixes with suitable tankmates.
- A yellow-orange angelfish with green-grey overtones. Fins have blue outlining.
- It was through a program to breed this uncommon angelfish in captivity to increase availability, that the Blue-Streak Cleaner Wrasse came to accidentally be bred. The cleaner wrasses were employed to keep the angelfish parasite free, and spawned with the angelfish; the fry were indiscriminately collected, so the wrasses were raised with the angelfish.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )