Dawn Tetra (Aphyocharax paraguayensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Dawn Tetra)
76 Litres (20 US G.)
2.5-3 cm (1-1.2")
5.5 - 7.5
22 -27 °C (71.6-80.6°F)
- Dawn Tetra, Panda Tetra, Rio Paraguay Tetra, Paraguay Tetra
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Females are plumper and larger than the males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful community fish that should be in groups of at least 6. Will do well with other community fish, but avoid slower swimming fish with long tails as this Tetra may nip.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This Tetra is a carnivore, will accept most pellet, flake foods and live or frozen food.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers to have a long spacious tank with lots of swimming room as this is a very active fish.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A shoaling fish, keep in groups of at least 6.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongated iridescent silver body with a black spot at the base of the tail, tipped with white, and a black and white band on the anal fin.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )