Yellow Tetra (Hyphessobrycon bifasciatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
4-5 cm (1.6-2")
5.8 - 8.0
20 -25 °C (68-77°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have more vibrant colouration than females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful community fish that's best kept in shoals of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish, best not kept with slow-moving long-finned fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank with dense planting and hiding places as well as some open swimming space.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful mid-swimming active shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An attractive oval-shaped fish, similar to the Serpae Tetra in shape, with a pale iridescent yellow/silver body and vibrant yellow finnage.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )