Black Wedge Tetra (Hemigrammus pulcher)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Pretty Tetra)
Black Wedge Tetra
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3-4 cm (1.2-1.6")
5.0 - 6.0
23 -27 °C (73.4-80.6°F)
- Black Wedge Tetra, Garnet Tetra, Pretty Tetra
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature females are larger than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Do not keep with larger predatory fish, other peaceful community fish are fine.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank with hiding places and dense planting as well as open swimming space. Should be kept in acidic soft water.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Similar in body shape to the Serpae Tetra, the body ranges in colour, depending on the light, from violet to copper. The belly is lighter in colour, sometimes yellow. Just behind the gill cover, there is a shiny copper marking. The upper part of the iris is red and the mouth is turned upwards. The fins are transparent. Near the base of the tail is a copper coloured line that extends midway across the body, below this is a thick black band.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )