Jelly Bean Tetra (Ladigesia roloffi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Sierra Leone Dwarf Characin)
Jelly Bean Tetra
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3-4.1cm (1.2-1.6 ")
6.0 - 7.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Jelly Bean Tetra, Sierra Leone Dwarf Characin
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- The male has a longer anal fin than the female.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish but avoid those with long finnage.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Appreciates a spacious tank with dense planting and plenty of hiding places. Does best in acidic water.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A timid peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A slender elongated tetra with a forked caudal fin. The body is iridescent silver in colour with hints of blue, the fins are translucent with the dorsal and caudal fins with bands of yellow, the dorsal is also tipped with black.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )