Sharp Toothed Tetra (Micralestes acutidens)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Sharp Toothed Tetra
95 Litres (25 US G.)
8-9 cm (3.1-3.5")
6.2 - 8.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Sharp Toothed Tetra, Sharptooth Tetra
- Females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
- A generally peaceful fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Do not keep with long-finned fish.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with dense planting and hiding places as well as some open swimming space.
- An active shoaling fish.
- An elongate fish with a forked caudal fin, it has a black mediolateral line running from the gill plate to the caudal peduncle. The body is iridescent silver-copper in colour and the fins are mostly grey with the dorsal fin being tipped in black.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )